She Believed She Could So She Did

She Believed She Could So She Did

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Quinoa Porridge

There is a great new breakfast place in Central Phoenix, SNOOZE,  that is my absolute favorite! They serve organic, healthy eats in a fun atmosphere. My favorite breakfast there is their Quinoa Porridge. This is as close as I could come to it; I think it is quite delicious! Enjoy! 




Ingredients:
1/2 cup cooked quinoa
1 cup milk (I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk, but use any milk you like)
1/2 banana (mashed)-choose a banana that is a little more rip to give added sweetness
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
dash cinnamon
1 tbsp. chia seeds
Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil. Turn down to medium low heat. Cook until porridge is
thick and creamy (about 10 minutes.)
Top as desired. Last time I made this, I topped with fresh blueberries & sliced almonds

SHOPPING LIST FOR THIS RECIPE:
quinoa (Costco sells a nice size bag of organic quinoa if you love this stuff as much as I do!)
low fat/-nonfat milk ( I use Unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk)
banana
chia seeds (Trader Joe's)
spices: vanilla and cinnamon


No comments:

Post a Comment