She Believed She Could So She Did

She Believed She Could So She Did

Monday, December 1, 2014

The Perfect Hard-Boiled Egg










Why is this so hard to do? Maybe it's just me, after many years I have finally figured it out. YAY! And today I am going to share my secret to the perfect hard-boiled egg with you. 


1. Place eggs in a large saucepan. Cover them with cool water by 1 inch. Slowly bring water to a boil over medium heat; when the water has reached a boil, cover and remove from heat. 

2. Let sit 10 minutes. Before you place in an ice bath, shake the eggs in the saucepan so the egg shells crack. This will make them easier to peel.

3. Transfer eggs to a colander; place under cool running water to stop the cooking. In Arizona our tap water is rarely cold, so I place them in an ice bath to cool them. 

4. Eggs can be peeled and served immediately.

5. I love them warm topped with a little salt & pepper.

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment