She Believed She Could So She Did

She Believed She Could So She Did

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Sunday Meal Prep


Sunday Meal Prep

I spend my Sunday getting ready for the week ahead. It goes beyond the typical laundry and grocery shopping I have always done. 

The first thing I do is get my calendar all set for the week, between my husband's schedule as a high school basketball coach, my daughter's commitments, and my own, we are a very busy family. My first priority is to get my 30 minute workouts scheduled, not only the time, but I schedule the specific workout I am planning on doing that day. My fitness is  a top priority for me, so I make sure to schedule it at a time when there will be no interruptions.

I also spend a few hours in my kitchen meal prepping for the week. After my calendar is set, I have a better idea about our dinners for the week. I drink my Shakeology for breakfast daily and I always have my two snacks ready to go. My lunches and dinners vary a little. Once a month I make extra crockpot meals that I freeze for weeks when we are really busy & I will just need a few dinners. I am most successful when I go into the week well prepared with meals and snacks ready to go. It is always worth my time on Sunday!

When I started meal prepping I was quite overwhelmed, but now that I have been doing this every Sunday, it is now a way of life for me. I don't see myself ever going back to life before...when I found myself in a local drive-thru several nights a week. 



No comments:

Post a Comment